Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer Training!



Today was my first official day of summer break!  Being a teacher, I love June, July and August just for a break, but I also love it for the great training I can get in!  With the Triple Bypass and Age Group Nationals coming this summer, I better be working hard!

Today's work out called for a 40 mile ride to the ranch and back on Antelope Island.  This is my favorite place to ride and it was gorgeous this morning!  I saw hundreds of buffalo, dozens of deer and antelope, and even an eagle!  Temperature wise it was  in the high 50's and low 60s.  Perfect!  I had a great ride minus the nasty headwind on the way back.

One thing I want to do on this blog is use it for accountability in my training.  Whether or not you care what my training looks like, doesn't really matter to me, but I plan on posting here every Monday what my training is for the week, and then the next Monday will be my moment of truth when I report back if I actually did it or not.  So here is the line up for the week:

Monday (today) - Bike - 40 miles with climbing CHECK!
Tuesday - Swim 1250 meters, run 3 track speed work
Wednesday - bike 30, probably down to Kaysville and climb up to HW 89, then OWS that night
Thursday - Swim 1500, run 5
Friday - Bike 60 with climbing, probably head up to Trappers Loop
Saturday - long run - 8 miles

There are a few things up in the air that may necessitate some changes.  I have been invited on a group ride on Saturday, and if I go, I will move my long run to some other day this week.

I had a fun weekend planning out the training as well as our trip back east to Nationals.  I have all the hotels booked, and the kids have been planning what they want to see and do along the way.

In the meantime, Happy Training and Racing all!

No comments:

Post a Comment