Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sick

Wouldn't ya know it?  My second week that I am really on fire about training, ready to hit it hard, and I get sick.  At first I thought it was just allergies, but then it became clear it is a Head Cold From Hell.  I actually had a slight fever two days ago when it started.  I still went ahead with my bike ride, but instead of climbing, I just did flats and took it at an easy pace.  The next day I ran, but I could tell I was having a hard time with my HR Zones being out of whack.  I was much slower in my Zone 2 than I usually am, and I was having a hard time breathing due to congestion.  I took today completely off.  It was nice, though I still felt like I should do something!  Amazing how it all changes from when we first start we have to FORCE ourselves to get into the habit of training, but when we legitimately need to rest, we feel guilty about it?

Tomorrow is my long run day.  I am feeling a lot better, so I will probably try to go, but take it really easy.  It is only 8 miles.  The next day I am supposed to do a long ride with climbing, again, we will see how I am doing.

It has made me realize how impatient I am with myself.  Not just in training, but in life!  I hate being down!  I hate not being able to do all the things that I want to do and be on the go like I am used to.  I have gone crazy at home!  I probably would have pushed it more, but I honestly felt like death, so I just couldn't do more than I have.  I know that in the scheme of things a few days is nothing, but it is frustrating nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment