Saturday, November 3, 2012

She's missed me....




It has been way too long since I have been on my Chariot.  I can even tell you what times in the past 2 months.  Since Wildflower Pedalfest, which was August 18, I have been on her two other times.  The Bear Lake Brawl, and the Ogden Valley Tri.  I aggravated my shoulder pretty good on the Pedalfest, so I stayed off to let it heal only getting on for those other two races, then once those were over my focus turned solely to the St. George Marathon, and then to Insanity.  So, long story short, she has been neglected.

I got up this morning and did two Insanity work outs, but as the day went on, it was just gorgeous out, and I knew I wanted to get out.  The fam was all occupied, I got the clearance to be gone for a bit from the hubs, and I got her out, checked the tires, and headed out to Antelope Island.

I couldn't have asked for a better ride!  The weather was awesome, it was only windy a long the cause way (but really, when is it NOT?) and there were buffalo all over.  It was sunny, and I thoroughly enjoyed being on my bike.  I did notice my shoulder getting sore, but I didnt' care. I noticed that the biking seemed effortless after 3 weeks of Insanity!  Seriously, an hour and a half on the bike, it seemed so easy compared to what I have been doing!  I didn't push it too much, but it was great.  Hopefully this will continue and I will see improvements when I get back to swim and run as well!

The forecast is calling for cooler temps and snow next weekend, so this may very well be the last outdoor ride for awhile.  I am hoping because I have been such a good girl this year, that a bike trainer is in the works for Christmas, and once Insanity is over, I can ride the Chariot inside in the mornings :)

But, I think she has missed me as she was so good to me today.  And honestly, I have missed her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment