Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I started my day with my own Turkey Trot.  I ran 7 miles on one of my favorite out the door loops.  It was right as the sun was coming up over the mountains and I had one of those running "all is right with the world" moments.



Then we headed to the inlaws for the usual Turkey Day dinner.  I am thankful my mother in law was out of the hospital to join us!  She is currently battling cancer, had surgery just over a week ago, and has had a tough time.  But she was there!

Here's some of the things running wise I am thankful for:

1) My body is amazing.  I am constantly amazed and thankful that I can do what I do.  I constantly keep pushing my body and it bounces back.  I am grateful for the health I have to train, race, and have the experiences that I have in all those endeavors. I don't take it for granted that many people are not so fortunate.

2) I am thankful for Ken, the IronSherpa, who supports me as much as he does.  He is constantly bombarded to me going on and on about races, pacing, heart rate training, sore muscles,sodium intake, all things Ironman, etc.  He never once has complained and has missed very few of my races.

3) I am thankful for my my kids who support me as well!  They are pretty fun!  Joshua is getting into sports and swimming in particular.  It is fun to share this hobby with him.

4)  I am thankful to live and train in a gorgeous place.  I have mountains, Antelope Island,and great open water swimming very close.  I never take these for granted.

5)  I am thankful for great gear too, it may not seem like a big deal, but things like my Garmin 310XT, Smart wool running socks, Blue tooth earphones, and gym memberships.

6) I am thankful for the fact that I am currently (knock on wood) injury free.

7)  I am thankful for the websurfing I did today and landed a great deal on airfare to Houston for IMTX!  Paid a ton less than I had budgeted for!!

Happy Thanksgiving!  Happy racing and training all!

No comments:

Post a Comment