Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Meh....

Well, I usually would have posted by this point in the week if for no other reason than accountability.  Well, there is no covering it up or painting it in a better light, it is what it is.  I had a crappy week of training.  I got some of the major stuff in, had an incredible swim up at Pineview, but my BUR for the week was ugly, but not so big.

My ride was supposed to be around 85 miles and have 7500 feet of climbing.  The problem was that my new saddle I have come to the conclusion is great for riding in aero, but awful if you are upright on the bike for long periods of time, like you are for climbing.  I am going to put my older saddle back on for the sake of getting through the Triple Bypass.  Then, the pain in my right shoulder was excruciating.  So much so that I stopped and turned around 8 miles in once I had climbed to the top of Emigration Canyon.  I called my Dad pretty upset about not being able to finish this ride, but he is confident that I can make it on what training I have, plus an additional long ride with him once we get to Denver.  I have made some adjustments to my Camelback, and am going to tape it with KT tape, plus really focus on good posture and positioning and I am hoping that will be enough to get through the ride.

This week started off ok.  I didn't get my run in yesterday, but I was moving crap around my garage and trying to make room for the IronSherpa's new car.  It was a lot of lifting, moving, cleaning, etc, so I would definitely say it counted as a workout, though not a tri specific one :)  Today I had a good 5 mile run, and tomorrow I am hitting the pool.  I know that on Friday and Saturday I am riding with my Dad in Denver.

So, there you have it.  It is what it is.  Not a great week, not what I want to report, but life happens nonetheless.

Happy Training and racing all!

No comments:

Post a Comment