Thursday, July 17, 2014

That was awful!


I am taking this week off from biking due to the fact I still can't quite sit down normally after spending 11 hours on Belle this past weekend.  So, I have run this week instead of biking.  Tuesday's run went okay.  Slow, but okay.  I tried again this morning, and I wasn't sure what the deal was, but my plan to go 5 miles just wasn't happening.  I was running really slow, but my heart rate was through the roof and I was having a hard time breathing, and this just a mile and half into the run.  I decided to take a walk break to get my heart rate back in check and catch my breath.  That didn't take long, but as soon as I would resume my Granny jog, my HR went through the roof again, my sides were cramping, and the breathing was hard again.  At this point I thought it just wasn't worth it.  I cut it short and came home, with getting a dismal 3 in today.  

I still don't know what happened.  Unless it is a sign I am getting sick, haven't fully recovered from Saturday,  or what, I'll just chalk it up as a bad run and try again later in the week.  I still want to get something more in today, so I might try some strength training, but man, that was bad.

And whoever said a bad run is better than no run at all, I say stick it!  I would have rather stayed in bed that additional half hour than suffer through that hot mess of a run.


No comments:

Post a Comment