Sunday, March 8, 2015

Six Things Sunday

Here are my recent thoughts, totally random, in regards to my training and life 10 weeks out from IMTX:.

1)  I am still alive.  I have not fallen off the face of the earth, and even though this blog has been silent, my life and training is still in full swing...sort of.

2)  This last week was a "recovery week" according to my training plan.  Which is probably a really good thing seeing as I took "recovery" very seriously and only did 3 of the 8 work outs this week.  Work was crazy busy, family stuff was all over the place, and I had a series of headaches that got in the way of training.  Not legit reasons really, I suppose I could have worked in training, but just didn't.  I was just glad it wasn't a build week.



3)  I sucked it up and registered for Netflix.  I have run out of shows and my own movies I want to watch and the long rides are only getting longer.  In doing so I have rediscovered Friends.  I'll be honest, I never watched it religiously when it was on, so I am enjoying starting all over at Season 1, Episode 1.  So.  Dang.  Funny.  I got through the first 6 episodes on Friday's long ride.



4)  The Event Schedule is up for IMTX Race Week.  Yet another sign that crap is getting real.  Only 69 days left!  It's looking like a fun week!  I think I will really have a coronary when the actual bib numbers come out!

5) I totally splurged and bought myself an early birthday present (my actual birthday is just under a month away).  My Garmin 920xt will be arriving this week from Amazon.  Can. Not. Wait.  I have loved my 310xt, but there are just a few more details on the new one that aren't on the 310 that I can't wait for.  Mainly the swim data and the "smart" features.  I already have sold my 310 too! And of course, I bought the red one :)


6)  I have been re-reminded of the need to train my own way and for my own race.  I have to stop comparing my training to anyone else's.  In the end, it is just me and the course and no one else is going to get me to the finish line but me.  I keep reading online or talking with friends also doing this race and see that there long runs or rides are longer than mine are already, or they are putting in more hours than me, or what have you, and I start to wonder if I am doing enough.  I always feel good about my training and my plan until I start talking and comparing mine to others. I know in my heart that I will be fine with the plan that I am following if I just stick to it and stop comparing myself to others.  I picked my plan for many reasons with my life and goals in mind, and I have to remember that along this crazy journey.

That is it for now!  Happy training and racing all!

No comments:

Post a Comment