Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bike Hunting

So, I think I failed to mention one very important part of my journey into the Triathlon world.  I don't have a bike.  One MINOR detail.  I know what I would like, but then there is the whole budget thing working against me as a more important set of wheels (my 1998 Explorer with 275,000 miles on it) needs to be replaced.  I am hoping Santa knows just how good I have been this year and brings me one under my tree!

I have been looking through the classifieds trying to find some overly anxious person with a huge wallet that bought a bike they never ended up using and are selling it for practically nothing just to make room for their skis or something.  No such luck just yet. I do need to stop into Bikers Edge by my work and have them even tell me what size of bike I would ride!  This is all so new to me I have no clue!  Anyone have tips they would like to share?  I know nothing about this.

I think the area that I am weakest in for the whole tri thing is the cycling.  I a strong base for running, know enough to build on the swim, but cycling....nada.  I have been reading all I can on tri in general, but also cycling as much as I can.  That is what I did when I got into running, read Runner's World, and tons of running blogs that I still follow.  Anyone that has recommendations for me, I am all ears!

Wish me luck, I am going to need it!

1 comment:

  1. Choosing a bike is like finding a perfect pair of jeans. Test ride a lot. Find a bike store that you like. Bikes need maintenance. I started with a hybrid which got me started, but I quickly out grew it. It is so heavy. Plan on spending more $$ on gear (shoes, helmet, clothes, lights, road kit, etc.)

    ReplyDelete