Sunday, April 27, 2014

20 Running Related Questions about Me...Got tagged

1. How long have you been running? 

I have been running regularly for just over 4 years now.  As a kid and growing up I was never athletic, and my only memory of running was when we had to run the mile every Friday in PE, and I hated it.

2. Why did you start running?

I started it after I lost weight doing Slim in Six, and I needed a new challenge, so I figured I would do a half marathon.

3. What is the furthest distance you have ever ran?

26.2 miles.  And I am in no hurry to do that any time soon.  Who knows, maybe I will sooner than I think :)

4. What is your best running memory?

Not sure, there are so many.  I think marathon finish lines are the best.  But also finishing the run portion of the Utah Half and crossing the finish line and jumping into Ken's arms is pretty high up there as well.  It was absolutely the perfect finish line moment.

5. What shoes do you run in?

Asics.  I have switched between a few of their stability shoes, but it is always Asics, currently the Gel Numbus 16.

6. What are your favorite and least favorite distances to run or race?

I don't know, I like them all for different reasons.  5ks and Sprint triathlons are sometimes over way too soon, though that can be a good thing too.  5ks can hurt a lot to if you really go all out like I do.  I tend to like the longer distances because the sense of satisfaction is amazing when you cross the finish.  Overall for running, I like half marathons.  Still a challenge, but not so much  you kill yourself in training for one or racing one.

7. Do you have a running partner?

Nope.  Just me.  I am fine with that as I like the time to myself.

8. What is your favorite place to run?

I really like to get up in the mountains and do trail running when I can, but it isn't very convenient.  There is something comforting and calm about the trails and farm roads by my own house, which are my regular.  I tend to like routine, so I never get tired of my same routes.

9. What is your favorite running accessory?

Not sure, but I love running skirts, if that counts.  Can I count my Jaybird Bluetooth headphones?  Those things are amazing!

10. Do you like outdoor or indoor running?

Outdoor is the only option, really.  If I really need to get a run in and the outdoor conditions are just terrible, I will pay $2 and go run on the dreadmill at the community center, but it has to be really bad for that.

11. What is your favorite time of the day to run?

Ideally, the morning because I can get it over with, and it is a good thing to start the day with something that productive.  It makes for a good day. However, since starting at the high school where I have to be to work so much earlier, these are not the norm anymore.  I usually run right after school around 4, and that is another good way to process my way and prepare for a full evening of wife/mom duties.

12. What races have you ran?

My Race Line Ups and Times Page, I have done pretty much every distance in running up to a full marathon and in triathlon I have done up to a 70.3

13. What music do you listen to when running?

Don't judge me, but I like everything.  There is music that I will only listen to when I run, but I love good beats like Eminem, Jay-Z, Beyonce, but also have country and 90s music.

14. What is the coldest or hottest weather you have ever ran in?

I would say the hottest I have run in is probably mid to high 90s, and that was in a race where the run portion hit mid day. I try to avoid high temps like that.  My coldest run was -10 below.  It was actually one of my favorite runs ever :)

15. What are some other exercises you love?

Besides the obvious of swimming and biking, I really like yoga, though rarely do it.  I enjoy a good butt kicking strength or plyo work out like Jillian Michaels or Insanity.

16. Are you currently training for something?

Always.  I have the IM 70.3 on Saturday then my main focus will be the Triple Bypass ride with my Dad on July 12.  It's 120 miles and 11000 feet of climbing!

17. What are your current or future goals?

Current goals are to stay fit and keep improving.  I would like to complete a full Ironman in the semi-near future.

18. Advice for new runners?

Stick with it, I promise it gets better.  The beginning sucks, but then you wonder how you ever WEREN'T a runner

19. Why did you start making running vlogs/and or blogs?

I really like being able to have a record and accountability for myself.  I like going back and reading past race reports and seeing how far I've come.  I also like reading other people's training and race reports, so I put it in blog form.

20. Who will you tag?

Not sure, anyone who reads this...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment